Followers

Saturday 7 September 2013

Butterfly Wishes

Good afternoon everyone!

It's my niece's 5th birthday party today, so I'm taking in the calm before the storm, in a couple of hours, there's going to be 17 hyperactive, sugared-up 5-year-olds legging it around the vicinity, so I won't get any peace! 

I have such a vivid memory of my own 5th birthday - my eldest sister (the mother of this birthday girl actually!) telling me to get dressed for my 5th birthday party, as I was running around the house in my knickers and vest causing havoc haha. Funny the things you remember right? And just like my mother used to be up til all hours cooking and baking and icing and decorating the night before, both Mummy AND Daddy of the Birthday Girl were up til all hours last night, making sure everything will be *just right* for their little darling's do :)

Anyway, enough of that :) I made this card a while ago for a friend to give his god-daughter for her 18th birthday, I had ZERO mojo when I needed to make this, so it literally took 7 hours to make. LOL. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :) I wanted it to be less "cute" and more "grown up" but still girly, so I think that worked out OK :) As per usual for my cards these days, I went frantage mad :)

Ingredients 
Papers - Wild Rose Studio Annabelle's Meadow
Flowers and blue ribbon - Wild Orchid Crafts
Pink pearl trim, White pearl trim, looped organza trim, charm, silver butterfly, brad - Ribbon Girl
Cheery Lynn French Pastry Die 
Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly Die
MS Butterfly Punch
JoyCrafts Alphabet Die (for the numbers)
Coloured with Promarkers
Shabby Pink Frantage
Blue Liquid Pearls
Glossy Accents
Stickles

A closeup of my flowers :)

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Bingo (Ribbon/Sparkle/Charms)
Live and Love Crafts Challenge - Photo Collage Inspiration (I chose the pretty pink and blue colours and flowers from the third one and the overall shabby chic look) 

Thanks for looking :)
Tags xx

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the image and lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this tags.your details are fantastic and the the DD image and colours are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply gorgeous Tags, love that image & wow, frantage looks fab.....think I might have to treat myself! Have a lovely party & Happy Birthday to your niece!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Tanya, you really have picked such perfect colours to showcase this beautiful image.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts butterfly challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, love the Frantage! Thank you for playing along with us at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creation!!! beautiful coloring and design!
    Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge!
    Hugs
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, beautiful image. Thanks for joining us at LLC.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation, love the stamp and a beautiful layout too. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate them :)