Followers

Monday 16 July 2012

Colour Challenge

Good afternoon everybody

I hope you're all well :) I'm having a good day today - I got chosen as one of 12 finalists out of the whole country for the Specsavers Spectacle Wearer of the Year Award, it turns out I can't go because I'm on holidays that week, but it's a real confidence boost to have actually been chosen for the final :) so happy Tanya today!

Anyway, on to more interesting things like cards :P I saw the new colour challenge over on the Ribbon Girl blog yesterday of Aqua, Blue and Terracota, with this photo inspiration:
and instantly dismissed it, because I'm terrible when it comes to orange lol :P but then I decided to challenge myself and go for it, and this is what I came up with :) I'm happy enough with it, considering I can't do orange, it turned out ok enough :) 

I also found out what happens when you put gems through the Grand Calibur, they get squashed :P 

The image and sentiment are from Lili of the Valley, the flowers and gems are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the pearls and ribbon are from Ribbon Girl, the swirl is Marianne Design, the leaves are a MS punch, I made the pins myself and the rest is from stash.


A closeup of the image, coloured with Promarkers, complete with mushed up gems lol and Stickles on her wings, buttons and wand :) 

A closeup of the ribbon and homemade pins.


A closeup of my lovely Wild Orchid Craft flowers :)

Sentiment, I think this is going to be a thank you card, but I wanted to leave the sentiment neutral just in case.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations - Bingo (Blue/Flowers/Pearls)

Thanks for looking :)
Tags xx

23 comments:

  1. Great card Tanya. Love the image, colour combo, papers and layout and all the gorgeous little details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, lovely image and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...love the image and the fabulous papers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and layout. Love your colour palette and the flowers are stunning. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold bright colours and the image. Your pins look really good too!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Tanya - and love all the details! Well done on the Specsavers award!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabby card with a super cute image! thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Tanya love the colour combo and the image is fantastic. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tanya, Fabulous image and lovely bright colours. Lots of design detail and layers.
    Thank you for joining us at Totally Paper Crafts this week.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tanya, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so very much for joining us over at the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge this week, I love what you have made. I hope we will see you again really soon for another callenge.
    Take Care
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Tag's I love the colour combo, the sweet image, the flowers and the pins.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Pretty Tanya..love the colour scheme:0)..thanks for sharing itwith us at PFP this week..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours, love the bright colours, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Tanya, the colours are gorgeous and love the layout!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely is this and great colours too. Thanks for sharing at creative this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, its a lovely colour combo and you've used it so well. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a prettycard, and fab details. Thank you for joining in this week's Totally papercrafts challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a sweet summery card, the colours look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, I love the sweet image and the colours are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Cutie pie.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card.. love the colors and design. Thank you so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sundays. We hope you join us tomorrow when our challenge will be "Two or More Dies." xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! This is such a fab card!! I love all of the flowers you have used!!! Congrats on being chosen as a finalist too! Rach :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great colours Tanya - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate them :)